Monday, February 28, 2011
Prize 1 (My Mind's Eye Lush assortment): francine said...posted February 26, 2011 9:34 AM
Prize 2 (We R Memory Keepers Card Kits): PapierGirl said...posted February 26, 2011 11:47 AM Erika's Cupboard said...posted February 26, 2011 2:40 PM
Prize 3 (Making Memories Panorama goodies): SueB said...posted February 26, 2011 1:49 PM
Prize 4 (Basic Grey Card Kits): farmlifewife said...posted February 26, 2011 5:05 PM
Ellie A. said...posted February 26, 2011 3:05 PM
175 Card Ideas Signed Copy: Janelle said...posted February 26, 2011 4:25 PM
Remember This Signed Copy: Cindy said...posted February 26, 2011 6:13 PM
Prize 5 ($25 Gift Certificates): Kathy W said...posted February 26, 2011 7:31 PM
Donna said...posted February 26, 2011 8:23 PM
Grand Prize! ($50 Gift Certificate): Delicia said...posted February 26, 2011 9:08 PM
Saturday, February 26, 2011
Birthday Bash Grand Prize!
Winner of our Grand Prize wins a $50 Gift Certificate to shop at Emma's Paperie!
Thanks for hanging out with us today, we hope you enjoyed all the beautiful creativity from the Paperie Design Team and our 2 Fabulous Guest Designers! Be sure to check next week for our March Guest Designer!
5th Birthday Prize!
Two people will win a $25 Gift Certificate to pick out some fun goodies at Emma's Paperie!
Cupcake Pocket by Little Yellow Bicycle
Cupcake Epoxy Heart Buttons by Little Yellow Bicycle
Fresh Print Clothesline Border Cardstock Stickers by Little Yellow Bicycle
Red Satin Pleat Trim by Maya Road
Yellow and Pink Medallion Flowers by Maya Road
Red and Black Medallion Flowers by Maya Road
Old World Cabbage Stew Cardstock Stickers by Jillibean Soup
Celebrate Rub-On Transfers by Melissa Frances
Celebration Rub-On Transfers by Melissa Frances
Limeade Mini Jewels by Doodlebug Design Inc.
Pink Punch 5/8” Double Dot Grosgrain Ribbon by Bo Bunny Press
- For the cupcake invitations, cut a strip of red satin pleat trim to fit across each cupcake and adhere in place.
- Cut the border stickers to fit across the bottom of each cupcake.
- Adhere medallion flowers.
- Apply rubons.
- Thread epoxy heart buttons with red ribbon and adhere one to the top of each cupcake.
- Embellish the cupcake pocket with gems.
- For the pillow box favor, use the epoxy heart button box to hold birthday goodies by simple trimming off the top portion of the box and filling it with treats and confetti.
- Tie a ribbon around the box and embellish the center of the bow with a jewel.
- For the glassine bag favor, simply fill each bag with treats, fold down the flap and staple a strip of ribbon to the flap to secure.
- Thread an epoxy button with red ribbon and adhere directly over the staple.
- Attach cardstock sticker and apply a rubon to the front of each bag and embellish with jewels to complete.
Summer and Kimber have signed a copy of their book for another lucky scrapper to win! Just comment to this blog post and the winner will be picked by random number generator. All winners will be announced on the blog Monday, February 28th.
I have been scrapbooking as we know it today for about 13 years. I design for Jillibean Soup and Scrapbook & Cards Today. I love patterned paper and mixing colors and products you might not think go together. I haven't met an embellishment I didn't like - buttons, diecuts, brads, pins, ribbon it's all GOOD. I am a creative kind of girl I also enjoy sewing, photography, and cooking. I have 2 active kids who keep me on my toes. We live in Tigard, Oregon which is a suburb of Portland. My favorite food is sushi and I am hopeless addicted to caffeinated beverages and reality TV. You can keep up with me at my blog ... http://summerfullerton.typepad.com/
A little bit about how Remember This came about ... I had worked with Kimber when she wrote her first book Scrapbook Secrets. During the process we were constantly tossing new book ideas at each other. In our discussions we always came back to the same idea: how do scrapbookers tackle the same events year after year. This is the basic idea behind Remember This ... new twists and ideas on scrapbooking those things we scrapbook all the time. The book includes step out techniques, check lists, and sketches. After I wrote this book I had an AHHH AHHH scrapbooking moment: there is no right or wrong way to scrapbook. One photo, multiphoto layouts it's all good as long as you are happy. Enjoy the process!
Build*Launch*Fly from "Remember This" - When I sat down and created this layout I thought it would be fun to make my own handmade embellishment to tie in the kite flying element into my layout. The idea here is you can reach into your scraps and existing supplies and create custom embellishments for any layout.
Newer Layouts: Gone 2 Middle School - The first day of school is something I scrapbook every year. When I created this layout about my son entering middle school I decided to number the photos to tell the story of going to school with his best friend, walking to the bus, doing homework etc etc. You can translate this idea to any kind of layout, the numbers will help tell your story.
Catcher - My son has played baseball since the 2nd grade. That's a lot of photos I have accumulated over the years. So many I haven't even scrapbooked all of them. A couple things to note on this layout (1) I created the layout based on one of the positions he played during the season and (2) you don't need to use themed papers.
Visit Summer's blog, so there i was.... to check out her other creations!
One lucky person will win a signed copy of her book today! Just leave a comment on this blog post and the winner will be picked by a random number generator. All winners will be announced on the blog Monday, February 28th.
Over the past four years, Kimber's work has been published in Memory Makers, Creating Keepsakes, BHG Scrapbooks Etc., Scrapbook Trends, Cards, CardMaker, Scrapbook and Cards Today magazine regular issues, as well as featured in different Idea Books. Her work has also appeared in major ad campaigns for We R Memory Keepers and Core’dinations. Kimber was also announced as a Hall of Fame 2007 winner with Creating Keepsakes. Kimber's 1st book, Scrapbook Secrets was released in May 2009. She co-authored Remember This, which was released June 2010. Her 3rd book with F&W Publications, 175 Fresh Card Ideas was recently released in August 2010.
She enjoys working with all different aspects of the industry by designing in all realms. She is currently designing for 3 different Manufacturers: Jillibean Soup, Unity Stamp Company and Core'dinations Cardstock. This helps her keep her work fresh and new as well as challenge her to use different products daily.
She lives in Carmel, Indiana, with her husband Bill of 10 years and two children, Andrew (7) and Laura (5).
Adorable cards by Kimber:
Be sure to visit Kimber's blog to see more of her work!
4th Prize Package - 2 winners will receive these card kits!
Anabelle Notes: I was able to fit 45 photos into this album by making pockets on two of the pages. The pockets hold extra photos from the party.
Binder Book Album by Maya Road
Celebrate Happy Birthday Paper by Teresa Collins
Celebrate Banner Paper by Teresa Collins
Celebrate You Are Invited Paper by Teresa Collins
Celebrate Chipboard Elements by Teresa Collins
Celebrate Ribbon by Teresa Collins
Celebrate Die-Cut Library Envelopes by Teresa Collins
Celebrate Die-Cut Tags by Teresa Collins
Black, Yellow, & Aqua Pom Poms by Glitz Design
Frames Tickets by Jenni Bowlin
Mini Birthday Bingo Cards by Jenni Bowlin
Die-Cut Label Mini Papers by Jenni Bowlin
Vellum Yellow Embellished Butterflies by Jenni Bowlin
Black Apothecary Stickers by Jenni Bowlin
Red Chalkboard Alpha Stickers by Jenni Bowlin
Red and Black Dotted Label Stickers by Jenni Bowlin
Aqua Marine Rhinestone Embellishments by Kaisercraft
Blues Top Ten Chipboard by Sassafras Lass
1. Paint the inside covers and pages of the album white. Let dry.
2. Cut red paper for cover. Add chipboard banner with ribbon. Layer chipboard 'celebrate', '7 and 'gifts' in lower right corner. Add star. Add rhinestones as accents.
3. Tie ribbon and pom-poms to spine of album.
4. Adhere die cuts and stickers to inside cover. Add journaling.
5. Adhere papers, photos and stickers to pages 1, 2, and 3. Embellish with chipboard, stickers, rhinestones and butterflies.
6. Add paper to background of page 4. Fold the die cut envelope to create a pocket. Stitch sides closed for durability. Cut photos to fit and adhere to page.
7. Add journaling tag to page 5.
8. Adhere bingo cards and die cut paper to page 6. Add photo.
9. Adhere die cut tp page 7. Embellish with chipboard, butterfly and rhinestones.
10. Add paper and photo to page 8. Embellish with chipboard.
11. Create another pocket for the last page. Embellish with die cut, ribbon and rhinestones. Add photos and adhere to inside back cover.
3rd Prize Package - a wonderful selection of Making Memories Panorama collection!
Cupcake Cupcakes Galore Glitter Paper by Little Yellow Bicycle
Cupcake Tonal Polkahearts/Valentine Card Cut-Outs Paper by Little Yellow
Yellow Plaid Ruffle Ribbon by May Arts
Clear Designs Everyday Sayings by Hero Arts
Wedding Acrylic Stamps by Making Memories
Lush Pink Ribbons by My Mind's Eye
Graphite Black Brilliance Dew Drop Ink by Tsukineko
Rose Bud Mementos Dew Drop Ink by Tsukineko
Hot pink Rhinestone Embellishments by Kaisercraft
Island Lagoon Rhinestones by Kaisercraft
The 2nd Prize Package - 2 winners will be picked for this one!
2. Run a strip of blue lace as shown. Spray white lace with yellow mist and adhere along card front. Stamp "Happy birthday" onto sticker and adhere over lace in center. Adhere roses in upper left corner. Add button to cluster of roses.
3. For can, measure around and cut strip of dot paper to fit, adhere. Trace lid onto dot paper and adhere to top. Cut rose cluster from pattern paper and adhere to front along with a button. Adhere white lace (misted yellow) around bottom of can.
4. Adhere roses to top of can. Using Fabri-Tac adhere blue lace to can handle.
5. Bake cupcake or other treat and add roses to top. Wrap in tulle.
Here's our first Prize Package!
Use coupon code: CAKE (enter code at checkout)
*Sale ends midnight, February 26th
*Discount can not be applied to previously shipped orders
*Can not be combined with other coupons or discounts
Friday, February 25, 2011
*See sidebar for this month's design team sketch*
Lullaby Girl 12x12 Cardstock Stickers by IOD & Creative Imaginations
Lullaby Girl Yellow Harlequin Paper by IOD & Creative Imaginations
Lullaby Girl Nursery Rhyme Paper by IOD & Creative Imaginations
Baby Girl Vintage Clear Art Stamps by Crafty Secrets
Chantilly Blue Velvet Hydrangeas by Petaloo
Color Me Crazy Velvet White Leaves by Petaloo
Noel Gem Buckles by Making Memories
Light Pink & White Solid with PomPom Ribbon by May Arts