December's workshop uses our hinged-lid Mint Tins. We have two sizes, the Hinge Top Tins or the Small Hinge Top Tins. Check out these wonderful projects for lots of ideas!
***Click on the photos for a larger view of the projects.
Jewelry Gift Box by Guest Designer, Natalie Hearn
Thankful Peaceful Pattern Paper by Melissa Frances
Ambiente Paige Pattern Paper by Melissa Frances
Bliss Pearl Embellishments by Kaisercraft
Flower Shop Glitter White/Cream Tin Collection Blossoms by Making Memories
Old Paper Distress Ink by Ranger
Friends Rub-On Transfers by Melissa Frances (will be back in stock in February)
Mia Die-Cuts by Crate Paper
Kisses Lip Gloss Tin by Jessica Witty
Small Hinge Top Tins
Heather Bailey Icons Rub-On Expressions by Autumn Leaves
Heather Bailey Word Art Rub-On Expressions by Autumn Leaves
Spirit Lime Dot Paper by Creative Cafe
Orange Rhinestone Embellishments by Kaisercraft
1. Add lip gloss to tin. See recipe below.
2. Sand top of tin to help paint adhere easier. Paint with white paint and allow to dry.
3. Add run-ons to top of tin.
1. Make top fold card from white cardstock.
2. Add bird and sentiments rub-ons.
3. Cut strip of Striped paper and add to bottom; embellish with ribbon.
To make lip gloss: I looked for a recipe that did not require a lot of specialized ingredients so that I could use what I had on hand. I ended up coming up with my own recipe using only Aquaphor Healing Ointment and a bit of Crystal Lite drink flavoring. I just heated the Aquaphor in the microwave for about 30 seconds, then stirred in some of the drink mix for color and flavor. Then I just poured the gloss into the tin. The tin has tiny holes in the back side for the hinges, so just be sure to stop pouring once the gloss gets near that spot. The gloss will harden back up a bit so the holes in the tin will not be an issue.
Tags For You Tin by Anabelle O'Malley
Hinge Top Tins
Cardmaking Clear Acrylic Stamps by Making Memories
Jigsaw Shapes Flowers Bright by Making Memories
Bloom Label Stickers by Narratives
Cross My Heart Paper by Paper Salon
First Blush Floral Paper by Paper Salon
Lovely Lace Paper by Paper Salon
Mint Green Rhinestone Embellishments by Kaisercraft
1. Cover top of tin with Cross My Heart Paper.
2. Cover sides of tin with First Blush and Lovely Lace Paper.
3. Cover inside of tin with Lovely lace and bottom with Cross My Heart Paper.
4. Adhere chipboard flowers and leaf to top. Use foam adhesive to add smaller flowers and add rhinestones.
5. Create tag for top using paper scraps. Write word "tags" and stamp "for you" on tag; adhere and add jewels.
6. To create tags, stamp "for you" or "to and from" on circle stickers. Adhere to Cross My Heart paper and cut out with decorative scissors. Punch small hole at top and add floss; place tags in tin.
Happy Birthday Gift Tin by Lisa Dorsey
Hinge Top Tins
Passport Fragil Pattern Paper by Making Memories
Pocket Full of Rosies Lil' Brudders Pattern Paper by Sassafras Lass
Out & About No. 2 Tiny Dots Paper by My Mind's Eye
Everyday Basics Rub-On Transfers by October Afternoon
Brown Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon by May Arts
Sentiments Clear Stamps by Heidi Grace
Antique Linen Distress Crackle Paint by Ranger
Solid Color Baker's Twine by Martha Stewart Crafts
Scallop Paper Edgers Scissors by Fiskars
Going Places Bag-O-Buttons by Autumn Leaves
1. Paint tin with brown acrylic paint. It may take tow coats to cover tin; allow to dry completely.
2. Paint a thick coat of crackle paint on top of brown paint; allow to dry.
3. Cut a 3" wide piece of Passport paper and ink edges.
4. Cut a 2.25" strip of yellow side of Pocket Full of Rosies paper and ink edges.
5. Attach a thin strip of red polka dot paper to each edge of the yellow, distress the edges and adhere to the center of the Passport paper. Wrap around the tin.
6. Tie polka dot ribbon around wrap.
7. Create tag by stamping sentiment on cream paper with brown ink. Ink the edges and adhere to red cardstock.
8. Use scalloped edge scissors to cut out the tag and attach to ribbon with a button and baker's twine.
My Darling Mini Album and Tin by Melissa Phillips
Hinge Top Tins
Sonoma Little Princess Cardstock Stickers by Scenic Route Paper Co.
Sonoma Snapshot Cardstock Stickers by Scenic Route Paper Co.
Sonoma Grove Street Pattern Paper by Scenic Route Paper Co.
Fawnd of You Too Bouquet of Bliss Pattern Paper by Sassafras Lass
Carefree Hearts Paper by Heidi Swapp
Daydream Journaling Cards Die-Cuts by October Afternoon
From My Heart Cardstock Stickers by Karen Foster Design
Baby Pink Precious Finds Adhesive Gems by EK Success
Two Scoops Chip Stickers Alphabet Chipboard by Basic Grey
Baby Die-Cut Assortment Card by My Mind's Eye
Noteworthy Addie Alphabet Chipboard by Making Memories
Tiny Black on White Alpha Stickers by Making Memories
1. Create a mini album to tuck perfectly inside tin by measuring die-cut cards and trimming them to fit down inside.
2. Attach pictures, gems, stickers, chipboard hearts and buttons to embellish each card.
3. Record special memories and favorite things on other die-cut cards.
4. Punch a hole at the top of each card and tie with ribbon to secure and create an album.
5. To embellish the tin, trace top of tin on patterned paper, cut out, ink edges and adhere.
6. Cut paper to fit around tin; ink and adhere in place.
7. Adhere pom pom trim around upper edge of tin.
8. Attach sticker and chipboard letters to spell out title of project. Embellish with gems and a strip of knotted ribbon; adhere in place.
9. Cut paper to fit inside lid of tin; ink and adhere in place.
10. Ink edges of die-cut journaling spot and adhere to center.
11. Spell out title with chipboard letters and tiny alphabet stickers and embellish with a gem.