Technique for Layered Die-Cut Butterfly
Royal Butterfly Punch by Martha Stewart Crafts
Kraft Tickets by Maya Road
97% Complete Tags Gift Set by 7Gypsies
Pretty Pink Baby Breath Vine by Prima
Tattered Silk Pattern Paper by Prima
White Eyelet Trim by Webster’s Pages
Gold Fleck Trim by Webster’s Pages
Scalloped Sparklers by Webster’s Pages
Idea-ology Trinket Pins by Tim Holtz
Clear Jewels Trinket Pins by Maya Road
The Thrift Shop 8 x 8 Paper Pad by October Afternoon
The Thrift Shop 12 x 12 Shape Stickers by October Afternoon
Springtime Rub-On Transfers by Cosmo Cricket
Jazmyne Buttons & Bling by Bo Bunny Press
Say it in Pearls Pink Borders Embellishment by Prima
Beige Vintage Ribbons by Melissa Frances
**I used a different butterfly punch from Martha Stewart Crafts for my project, but the punch listed above will work perfectly and create a beautiful, 3-dimensional butterfly just as easily.
- Create card base from cream cardstock. Cover front of card with Thrift Shop paper.
- Cut a block of coordinating paper to cover front of Kraft ticket and adhere in place.
- Fold a strip of cream lace over bottom edge of Kraft ticket and adhere in place. Attach a strip of gold trim to backside of ticket along bottom edge.
- With a sewing pattern still folded, punch butterfly from pattern and staple to desired location on ticket. Either leave the staple in place or run through your sewing machine, gently removing the staple after.
- Embellish butterfly with a button and attach a trinket pin to trim and embellish with small flowers.
- Punch a hole in left side of ticket, tie with tea-stained twill tape, embellish with a sparkler, and adhere to card front on a diagonal.
- Apply rubon just below Kraft ticket to finish.
- Adhere ticket to tag. Cut a block of coordinating paper to cover a small portion of ticket and adhere in place.
- Attach a small strip of trim to patterned paper block.
- Punch butterfly from sewing pattern and repeat step 4 above.
- Embellish center of butterfly with an adhesive pearl.
- Tie trinket pin with button twine and adhere to bottom of ticket.
- Adhere stickers and embellish with small flowers.
- Apply rubon to sticker tag.
- Adhere a strip of gold trim along the backside of tag at the bottom.
- Tie tag with tea-stained twill, button, and button twine.