Warm Winter Wishes Shaker Card by Hilary Kanwischer
Labels Designer Cutting Dies & Storage Binder by Little B
All Bundled Up Frosty Words Paper by Carta Bella
All Bundled Up Large Chevron Paper by Carta Bella
All Bundled Up Chevron Paper by Carta Bella
All Bundled Up Element Stickers by Carta Bella
Blue Hues Jewel Embellisments by Bo Bunny Press
additional items for this card: foam tape, silver pipe cleaner, hot glue, transparency paper, diamond dust, die cutter, (such as a Sizzix Big Shot)
1. To create this card, first cut, score and fold white heavyweight cardstick to measure 5 x 5, and set aside.
2. Next cut the brown pattern paper 4 3/4 x 4 3/4 and the large chevron paper 5 x 5 and adhere the two together then machine stitch around the edges.
3. To create the opening, lay the 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 out die from the “Labels” by Little B set, onto your cutting plates and run through your die cutter, cutting out the inner image.
4. Cut frosty words paper on the flip side, 5 x 5 for your winter scene background, then cut white cardstock to resemble a snow drift, then lay your stickers down to create a winter scene. Add your blue jewels for a bit of bling.
5. Then taking the top of the card, (the piece that has the label cut out), flip over and adhere adhesive around all the edges, then lay down a piece of 5 x 5 inch transparency paper and press to adhere.
6. Next, cut strips of foam tape to completely cover all the edges of the underside, (you don’t want any “snow” escaping), then using diamond dust, sprinkle about a 1/2 tablespoon onto the transparency.
7. Then finally taking the back piece, (the piece with the winter scene), lay it down exactly onto the the top piece, pressing down on all the sides.
8. To cover the edges, (because I had foam tape exposed on the sides), I adhered a silver pipe cleaner around the edges of the shaker to conceal, and it adds a nice finishing touch.
9. Adhere shaker card to the pre-scored and folded white cardstock.