Note- Instead of creating the Advent Calendar, I used this Making Memories set to create a Decemeber Daily album. The envelopes, chipboard numbers and tags were perfect for this project. I used the Tim Holtz Grungebook as the base of my album. The envelopes on each page will hold small photos for each day. On them I'll write snippets about the holiday season. I love that my memories will be tucked away in the envelopes.
Jovial Chip Sticker Shapes by Basic Grey
Noel Artisan Plaques by Making Memories
Noel Gem Buckles by Making Memories
Noel Poinsettia Music Note Flowers by Making Memories
Noel Spiral Journaling Book by Making Memories
Noel Trims by Making Memories
Noel Advent Calendar Kit by Making Memories
Noel Findings Kit by Making Memories
Noel Glittered Die Cuts by Making Memories (sold out)
Noel 8 by 8 Specialty Paper Pack by Making Memories (sold out) You can substitute the Noel 12 by 12 papers instead.
Holly Jolly Accessory Sheet by My Mind's Eye
Holly Jolly Chipboard Elements by My Mind's Eye
Eskimo Kisses Chip Sticker ABC's by Basic Grey
Gold Rectangle Flower Metal Frame by Making Memories
Grungeboard 6 by 6 Chipboard Album by Tim Holtz (sold out) Substitute this one:
Grungeboard Tab Chipboard Album by Tim Holtz
Gold Rhinestone Embellishments by Kaisercraft
Very Merry Word Stickers by October Afternoon
Green Resin Blossoms by Maya Road
Jovial Element Stickers by Basic Grey
Other: Gold doilies, seam binding
1. Cover Grungeboard with patterned paper to create the cover. Cut doily in half, and adhere label sticker over it. Print December Daily on cardstock, cut out and adhere. Add snowflake tags and chipboard to spell 2010.
2. For the inside pages: Create the inside pages using the 8 by 8 paper cut to fit, loose envelopes and additional grungeboard pages. Alternate the different sizes as you put the book together.
3. Cut the mesh that came with the advent calendar into three strips. Tie the book together with the strips and make bows. Secure the three tags to the mesh with the star brads.
4. On each grungeboard page and paper page, adhere an envelope from the advent calendar.
5. To embellish the pages, add pieces of gold doilies, glittered die cuts, tags, seam binding, chipboard and stickers. Layer these together, using the photos to help you with placement.
6. Adhere the chipboard numbers to each envelope, one for each day of December leading up to Christmas.7. During the month of December, print small photos and write little notes about the spirit of the season. Tuck these into the envelopes for each day.-