Sunday, October 6, 2013
Company Spotlight on My Mind's Eye by Hilary Kanwischer
Halloween Treat Bags by Hilary Kanwischer
Happy Haunting Skull Pattern Paper by My Mind's Eye
Happy Haunting Circles Pattern Paper by My Mind's Eye
Happy Haunting Word Art Pattern Paper by My Mind's Eye
Happy Haunting Labels Pattern Paper by My Mind's Eye
Happy Haunting Moroccan Pattern Paper by My Mind's Eye
Happy Haunting Chipboard Elements by My Mind's Eye
Happy Haunting Designer Brads by My Mind's Eye
Old Fashioned Rope Tinsel by Melissa Frances
Tim Holtz Alterations Paper Rosette Decorative Strip Sizzlits Die by Sizzix
Black 3/4" Velvet Corduroy Ribbon by May Arts
Hilary handmade some black & orange crepe paper fringe for this project.
1. Fashion or die cut gift bags from pattern paper, (these little goody bags measure 4 1/2 inches high, not including the handles, by 2 3/4 wide, by 1 inch deep.
2. Assemble and adhere using a good tacky tape or hot glue
3. Embellish the front of your gift bags with crepe paper fringe, paper rosettes, chipboard embellishments and vintage rope tinsel.
4. Wrap ribbon and tinsel around the tops of the bags and adhere using hot glue
5. For the handles, I cut pattern paper to 1 x 9 and using 2 strips for strength, I machine stitched down the sides before adhering to the inside of the bags with hot glue.
6. Fill with treats!
To make fringe:
Alternate orange & black crepe paper, till you have 5 layers and a length you want. Machine stitch 1/4 inch on one side the entire length. Then using sharp scissors or fringe scissors, cut at 1/4 inch intervals up to the stitch line, being careful not to cut through the stitching. Cut desired length for your project and scrunch fringe with your hands.