Embellished Hair Clips by Jessica Witty
Noteworthy Scallop Velvet Aqua Trim by Making Memories
Animal Crackers Ella Trims by Making Memories
Grosgrain with White Dots by May Arts
Noteworthy Embellishment Jars by Making Memories
Orange Rhinestone Embellishments by Kaisercraft
Scor-Tape 1/4" x 27 yards Double-sided Adhesive by Scor-Pal
Metal Hair Clips
1. Place a small square of Scor-Tape on the back of the hair clip.
2. Cover the top side of the clip with Scor-Tape.
3. Adhere ribbon to clip, starting at the back, over the clasp, and onto the top. Don't cut the ribbon yet!
4. Place a strip of Scor-Tape on the inside of clip, on the reverse side of the top. Estimate the length of ribbon needed, cut, then adhere.
5. Add embellishments as desired.
Jessica notes: So I am new to this whole having-a-daughter thing, but one thing I've already realized is that bows are expensive! With just a few cute ribbons and embellishments, you can whip some up really quickly for your own daughter or as a gift for a new baby, etc.
I originally covered all sides of the clip with ribbon, but realized that it made the inside of the clip a bit too bulky for my daughter's baby hair. Also, if necessary, you can add a thin strip of non-slip grippy kitchen sheets to the inside of the clips to help them stay firmly in fine hair.
* Scor-Tape is essential to the success and ease of this project! It is much easier to use than a liquid adhesive and holds really well. I can't recommend it enough!