Note from Melissa
I want to create some very special memories this Christmas. The idea behind my Homespun Christmas Journal is to celebrate the season through activities centered around the family and home and then record them in our family journal. I created 12 pages where 12 different activities can be recorded and shared. Some ideas I have for each of these 12 days are creating things at home with my little one such as:
- Sugar cookies for the neighbors.
- A paper chain to count down the days until Christmas.
- Making homemade cards for the cousins and grandparents.
- Making a snowman, taking pictures, and keeping them safe in our journal.
- Decorating gingerbread men.
- A popcorn and cranberry garland for the tree.
And…many more fun ideas that are inexpensive ideas that can all be done at home together. I can’t wait.
Clear Art Stamps by Craft Secrets
Cover Chipboard by 7Gypsies
97% Complete Gypsy Journal pages by 7Gypsies
Eskimo Kisses Paper Collection by Basic Grey
Eskimo Kisses Chip Sticker Shapes by Basic Grey
Eskimo Kisses Stitched Brads by Basic Grey
Eskimo Kisses Buttons by Basic Grey
Clips by 7Gypsies
Silver Rhinestone Embellishments by Kaisercraft
Classic Cityscape A2 Envelopes by Making Memories
Noteworthy Embellishment Jars by Making Memories
1. Layer front and back chipboard book covers with 97% Complete pages in between. Punch three holes down the side and tie together with twill tape or cream ribbon.
2. Create cover for journal by cutting a piece of patterned paper to fit in the center and cutting a smaller slightly smaller to fit in the center of patterned piece. Stitch together and adhere to center of cover.
3. Attach chipboard tree, ornaments, photo corners, brads, gems, and sentiment.
4. The inside pages come beautifully embellished, but to help them tie in with the theme of your journal, cut several strips of desired patterned paper in 4” strips. You will use these strips on each page, just trimmed down to size.
5. Embellish each page with a patterned paper strip, chipboard embellishment, gems, buttons, felt flowers, and stickers.
6. To create pockets where favorite recipes, photos, lists, notes, etc. can be kept, stamp envelopes with images from Christmas Vintage Clear Art stamp set and attach to the inside cover, and pages throughout your journal with metal clips.
7. To make metal clips match, tie coordinating buttons with thread and adhere one on each side of the metal clips.
8. Now, just fill with memories, ideas, stores, etc.