Here's some fun Birthday facts from Lisa:
What is your favorite birthday cake? Strawberry & Cream filled
What was our most memorable birthday? All of our birthday parties growing up were family parties. On my 8th birthday though, my parents let me have a bunch of friends over for a birthday party. It is still the one party that I remember with clarity.
Do you like surprises? Definitely!
How do you like to celebrate? With my family. We have a birthday tradition of going to a Mexican restaurant in town that makes you wear a HUGE sombrero while they sing to you. The singing is followed by sopapillas. YUM!
Lisa created a fun Birthday Party set for you (click on photos for larger view).......Enjoy!
Prize #2 is posted below the class instructions, make sure to post your answer to the question for a chance to win the prize.
Birthday Banner, Thank You Gift Box & Invitation by Lisa Dorsey
Supplies Needed to complete this class:
Sweet Chips Chipboard Rectangle Album by Crafty Secrets
Urban Prairie Weather Vane Paper by Basic Grey
Prudence Discretion Pattern Paper by Crate Paper
Birthday Girl Dots/Aqua Paper by My Mind's Eye
Class Act Green Apple Die-Cut Paper by Art Warehouse
Framboise Pattern Paper by SEI
Many Thanks Stamp by Lizzie Anne Designs
Solid Color Baker's Twine by Martha Stewart Crafts
Paperie Greenhouse Trims by Making Memories
Tuxedo Paper Frills by Doodlebug Design Inc.
Bubblegum Craft Knife by Doodlebug Design
Scor-It 12.75" Board Scoring Tool
Scotch Pop-Up Foam Circles
Yellow and Black Cardstock
Instructions for Banner:
1. Cut each page from the Sweet Chips Album in half.
Lisa Notes: I just adore pattern paper. You will rarely see a project of mine that has less than two pieces of pattern paper on it. I know that combining pattern papers can be a little bit scary for some people. A good example of this would be the birthday banner I have made for this class. I used 5 different pattern papers for each section. A good way to ensure that the patterns don't overwhelm each other is by breaking them up with a contrasting color like I did with the black. Also keep in mind that you want to vary the sizes of the patterns. You do not want to put a bunch of really small patterns close together.
2. Trace the chipboard on the back of each pattern paper and cut out. Attach paper to the chipboard and ink the outside edges.
3. Using Word Art in Microsoft Word, print the outline of each letter in the word Birthday onto yellow cardstock. Cut out the letters allowing a bit of yellow around the outside of the letter. Attach to chipboard with pop dots.
4. Tie the individual pieces together with ribbon and attach a button using red baker's twine.
Instructions for Thank You Gift Box:
1. Trace the template (please email us for a copy) onto yellow cardstock and cut on the solid black lines. Score and fold on the dotted lines.
2. Cover the sides and flaps with pattern paper; ink the edges.
3. Cut a one inch strip of the pattern paper and mat in yellow. Cut the edges with decorative scissors; attach to the front of the box.
4. Print an oval that is slightly larger than the sentiment onto pattern paper. Stamp the sentiment inside the oval; cut out oval and attach to the front of the box using pop dots.
5. Tie the box shut with ribbon; attach button with baker's twine.
Instructions for Invitation:
1. Create a card that measures 5.25" x 4" out of black cardstock.
2. Cut a piece of yellow paper that is slight smaller than the card. Cut a piece of blue paper with decorative scissors and attach to the bottom of the yellow cardstock.
3. Cut a piece of pattern paper to measure 4" x 3"; ink edges. Layer a strip of Basic Grey paper over the top.
4. Machine stitch the yellow onto the card and tie ribbon around the bottom of card.
5. Use one of the tags from the chipboard album and create sentiment tag; ink edges and add red brads.
Fun Birthday Fact: The birthday game Pin the tail on the Donkey has been traced back to 1887.
Drawing #2: Prizes will be posted every hour on the hour. Winners will be picked by a random number generator and all winners will be posted at 9PM tonight. For a chance to win each prize, all you have to do is answer the question with a comment on each hourly post. (make sure to leave your comment under each picture of the prize, click on the photo for a larger view)
Here's the second question: What's your favorite way to celebrate your birthday?