The Product workshop for January uses the Bare Elements Patsy Boxes by Creative Imaginations. UNFORTUNATELY, we sold out of them as these projects were being created and when we tried to reorder them, found out that CI had discontinued them. So, here are some wonderful projects that can be used as inspiration.....you can apply the techniques or design ideas to lots of other favors, packaging or projects.
Don't forget, for a larger view of the projects, click on the photos :)
Missing You Gift Set by Jessica Witty
Windsor Dover Shimmer Pattern Paper by SEI
Sentiments Rub-On Transfers by Crate Paper
Journaling 2 Brown Rub-On Transfers by Hambly Screen Prints
24 Vial Glitter Multi-Pack by Martha Stewart Crafts
Dot 'n' Roller Permanent Adhesive by Kokuyo
Instructions for Purse:
Jessica Notes: This project works best when using a dry runner adhesive such as the one listed. I did not have success with a liquid adhesive due to the lighter weight of the shimmer paper.
1. Bend box into shape but do not glue it together yet.
2. Cut a piece of Dover paper to fit the front flap and top edge of box. Adhere the paper, then trim it to fit the edges.
3. Cut a strip of paper to 3 5/8" x 12".
4. Run a strip of adhesive on short edge of paper and adhere that edge to the side of the purse. Bend and form the paper to the box as you go along, adhering at the top and bottom.
5. Trim at the edge and adhere the side edges together.
6. Fold the flap down and place a button over it, marking the button holes on the box. Using a needle tool, make holes in the box so that you can stitch the button to the box; tie the knot inside the box. (see picture - the goal is to place the button on the box so that the flap slides down beneath it with the button holding it closed.)
7. Adhere the bottom edges of the box together.
8. Using a chisel tip adhesive pen, run glue along the flap edges; cover with glitter and dump off excess.
9. Place run-on on cardstock, punch out add glitter to edges and adhere to button.
Instructions for Card:
1. Make 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card and add a layer of Dover paper to front.
2. Using a fine tip glue pen, run a line of adhesive around the pattern paper. Cover with glitter and dump off excess.
3. Place rub-ons on cardstock and cut out. Add glitter to edges.
4. Add ribbon to card and sentiment layer to card with foam tape.
Barrette Gift Box by Anabelle O'Malley
Happy Place Pot O' Gold Pattern Paper by Sassafras Lass
Cardmaking Clear Acrylic Stamps by Making Memories
Painterly Petals Cavalier by Prima
Instructions for Box:
1. Using the box as a template, trace onto Happy Place paper and cut out.
2. Assemble the box and adhere paper to front and back of it.
3. Tie ribbon around box.
4. Add felt flower, yellow flower and gem.
5. Stamp "For You" tag onto white cardstock and again onto yellow paper. Cut out gift and adhere to tag. Tuck tag under yellow flower.
6. Adhere a strip of scalloped cardstock to ribbon, tucking under flower in front of box.
Instructions for Barrettes:
1. Make a loop of ribbon and tie center with floss; adhere to blank barrette using glue gun.
2. Adhere flowers, gems and buttons to ribbon using glue gun.
Instructions for Card:
1. Create card base with white cardstock.
2. Cut piece of scalloped floral paper and adhere to front.
3. Cut a square of striped paper; stitch edges and adhere to left side of card.
4. Adhere scalloped border to right side of striped panel and to the fold of the card.
5. Add felt flower with button and stamp sentiment.
Gift Box by Lisa Dorsey
Prudence Consideration Pattern Paper by Crate Paper
Out & About No. 2 Tiny Dots Paper by My Mind's Eye
Antique Frames White Rub-On Transfers by Hambly Screen Prints
Amy Butler Lotus Tea Box Fabric Brads by K & Co.
Chipboard Shape Thickers by American Crafts
Sentiments Clear Stamps by Heidi Grace
Sheer Hearts Ribbon
Scallop Paper Edgers Scissors by Fiskars
Gift Box by Guest Designer Tania Willis
Woodland Whimsy Paper Garden Pattern Paper by Sassafras Lass
Star Bright Buttons by My Mind's Eye
Playhouse Pins by Fancy Pants
Antiquing ColorBox Cat's eye Stylus Set by Clearsnap
I Love You Gift Box by Melissa Phillips
Creme de Cocoa Glimmer Chips Nature by Tattered Angels
Pink Bubblegum Glimmer Mist 2oz. by Tattered Angels
Love Notes Stitched Heart Paper by Making Memories
Love Notes Lace Paper by Making Memories
Love Notes Die-Cut Tags by Making Memories
Love Notes Metal Charms by Making Memories
Red Apothecary Stickers by Jenni Bowlin
Hot Pink Pearl Embellishments by Kaisercraft
XL Pink Brads by Heidi Swapp
Scalloped Heart Punch by Martha Stewart (we have reordered)
1. Spray box with Glimmer Mist spray, let dry and assemble.
2. Ink edges of box and die-cut to distress. Attach die-cut to front of box
3. Wrap ribbon around top of box and tie in a bow. Tie another bow right next to the first to add dimension.
4. Attach Apothecary sticker to a tag, ink edges and attach brad through hole at top. Thread hemp underneath brad, thread through metal charm and tie to center of bow.
5. Coat Glimmer Chip butterfly with glitter and attach to tag. Embellish butterfly and lower right corner of box with adhesive pearls.
6. Wrap chocolates in tulle and tie with ribbon, hemp and buttons.
7. Punch hearts from coordinating paper, ink and attach to center of chocolates. Embellish with adhesive pearls.