Here's some fun answers about birthdays by Melissa:
What is your favorite birthday cake? My mom always made us a homemade Chocolate Buttermilk Double-Decker cake for our birthdays....so even if I have to make my own, my favorite still remains the cake my mom would spoil us with.
What was your most memorable birthday? My most memorable birthday was this past year when my husband broke ground on our new house.....such a sweet gift.
Do you like surprises? I LOVE surprises....but I also love to snoop....but when it comes right down to it.....I would rather be surprised than know what someone was planning for me.
How do you celebrate? I love to celebrate veeeeeerrry quietly....just my husband and little girl...no frills...no party...perhaps no cooking though :)
Melissa created a beautiful tabletop frame......enjoy!
Once Upon A Time by Melissa Phillips
Supplies you will need for this project:
House Chipboard by Jenni Bowlin
Vintage Black Ledger by Jenni Bowlin
Home Bingo Card by Jenni Bowlin
Porcelain Olio Color Rub-on Book by Basic Grey
Porcelain Champagne Brown Designer Rub-ons by Basic Grey
Porcelain Chip Sticker Shapes by Basic Grey
Marrakech Olio Color Rub-on Book by Basic Grey
Infuse Buttons by Basic Grey
Childhood Journal Notes by Crafty Secrets
Flower Patch Butterfly Paper by Making Memories
Silver Rhinestone Embellishments by Kaisercraft
Pink Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon by May Arts
Black Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon by May Arts
Instructions for Frame:
1. Trace chipboard houses onto coordinating paper and Bingo card, cut out, ink edges and adhere.
2. Punch holes in sides of houses and tie together with assorted ribbon.
3. Create crepe paper flowers and adhere to top areas of 1st and 3rd houses.
4. Coat chipboard crown and flower with Mica flakes and adhere to centers of crepe paper flowers.
5. Attach adhesive gems to crown and to center of chipboard flower to embellish and add chipboard leaf.
6. Adhere chipboard scroll to center hour and embellish with a button.
7. Coat chipboard scallop border with Mica flakes and adhere along bottom edge of center house.
8. Apply rub-on borders to 1st and 3rd houses and attach trim along bottom edge of 1st house.
9. Trim edges of vintage image using pinking shears, ink and adhere to center house.
10. Apply rub-on sentiments to 1st and 3rd houses and embellish with chipboard flower, butterfly and buttons.
Fun Birthday Fact: Noisemakers were given out at first known birthday parties to scare away evil spirits who were believed to be attracted to people on their birthdays.
Prize Drawing #8: Prizes will be posted every hour on the hour. Winners will be picked by a random number generator and all winners will be posted at 9PM tonight. For a chance to win each prize, all you have to do is answer the question with a comment on each hourly post. (make sure to leave your comment under each picture of the prize, click on the photo for a larger view)
Don't miss our Guest Designer and the Grand Prize Drawing at 7PM!
Here's the eighth question: Do you have ice cream with your birthday cake...what is your favorite flavor?